Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Don’t Let Fear Consume You

Fears can consume our lives, to the point where we choose to sit out on the newest roller coaster or even decide to not scuba dive by the Great Barrier Reef. No matter who you are, everyone is afraid of something and that’s okay. Luckily, we each have a special person who is always there to help us through it.

His name is Jesus.

Not only is He righteous, but He is humble and willing to help you through the toughest times. When we see no future for our lives, He gives us hope. When we are too weak to stand, He gives us strength. When all we can do is cry, He is there counting every tear that falls. Jesus isn’t going to leave you.

Fun fact: Did you know that the Bible says the phrase “Do not be afraid” 365 times? It is constantly reminding us that Jesus is walking with us every step of the way. Personally, I struggle with fear. I let each fear consume my life to the point where I can’t stop worrying about it. Each time this happens, I have learned to take a step back. Breathe in and out. Realize that I am not going through it alone. God is going with me, even if others are staying behind.

There comes a point in our lives when things are going to change, people will move away, and loved ones will die. This moment is where our fear of the future becomes overwhelming, but despite all the setbacks we experience – OUR GOD IS GREATER! With His strength we can climb mountains, we can push through our fear, and we can be COURAGEOUS!

Lately, college has been on my mind. I am moving away for the first time in less than two weeks. Once my parents drive off that will be it, I am officially on my own. At least, that is what I thought a few days ago. I now realize that I will also be bringing Jesus along for the ride.

Our fears may be daunting, but with God NOTHING is impossible. No matter what fears you face today (big or small) know that God is with you every step of the way.
During your life there will be people or voices in this world that are going to try to stop your faith. They will tempt you will jewels, clothes, money, social status, and a million other worldly things. This is the time to remember who you are and who you serve. These voices will tell you that you are not pretty enough, or smart enough, or wealthy enough. 

DO NOT listen to these voices, because in the eyes of Jesus you are His child. He loves you unconditionally. He made you in His image. Trust in His grace, believe in the Word, and follow the path of righteousness.  

The fears you face today will seem unbearable, but with our God nothing is impossible.

XOXO


Ashley
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment