Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Movie Review: Passion of the Christ


We all know the story of Jesus’ crucifixion and ultimately resurrection, but as children the horrific pictures and videos are hidden from us. This past weekend, as Good Friday approached, my youth group decided to have a movie night. I was warned beforehand about the graphic images and was advised to bring a box of tissues. However, no advice could have prepared me for what I saw. In my head, the crucifixion was a beautiful scene where Jesus gave his life to save us. In reality, it was a gruesome day filled with sorrow and despair.

Until seeing The Passion of the Christ, I never fully understood the pain that Jesus endured, just to save us. Personally, I cried throughout the whole movie. Mostly from the realization that Jesus literally went through worst death possible to save me. I am not perfect in any way, I make a lot of mistakes, and yet He loved me enough to die. It’s hard to wrap my head around sometimes.  Even if you feel like you at rock bottom, don’t forget that your Savior, already defeated the war.

These past six weeks, my church has done a series of sermons regarding the seven words of Jesus on the cross. I never thought about analyzing what He said in much detail because it didn’t seem like there was more than the few words. Throughout the series, I learned that Jesus sent a message of hope and love while He endured the flogging, the beating, the crown of thorns, and the cross. Not once, did He think about Himself, but rather He thought you. He knew that by going through with this pain, He could save all of His children. He bared through all of it, for you.

The Passion of Christ, opened my eyes to see the reality of crucifixion. As the movie drew to a close, I was completely speechless. I had absolutely no words to describe how much I was affected by the movie. I still think about it today and can’t fully explain to you the depth of appreciation I have for my Savior. My relationship with God grew tremendously in two hours, more than it has in a long time.

I challenge you to take two hours this week and watch Passion of the Christ. Warning: You are going to cry, and it’s okay. The movie is VERY graphic, but you need to see it. The crucifixion is sugarcoated in church, because it’s hard to talk about the amount of pain He went through. The Passion of the Christ does not sugarcoat anything. This movie will change your life.
 
XOXO
            Ashley



Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment