Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Songs of the Week

Drops in the Ocean By: Hawk Nelson
When I first began listening to K-Love my faith grew within a few days, more than it ever had in the past. I heard Drops in the Ocean and immediately fell in love with the song! As Hawk Nelson describes the love Jesus has for us it is a constant reminder of His love and the vastness of it. Nelson mentions how God is on our side and will never be against us, meaning not that He will never disagree with our choices, but instead reminding us that He is always looking out for what is best. The amount of "drops" in the ocean is endless, just like God's love for His children. Jesus is the only person who we can fully give our faith in and know that good will come out of it. He reminds us constantly in His Word of His love and grace. Hawk Nelson does a fabulous job of describing the love of Jesus Christ.
 
 
 

On Fire By: Sanctus Real

On Fire is a slower song, very much like a worship song, however the message behind the lyrics is encouraging to all Christians. Being on fire is where you don't care about how you look, but care more about how you are worshiping the Lord. Going to church on Sunday morning was the most exciting moment of the week, whereas we tend to fall into a routine. I personally remember a time when I was so excited to go to church, I would talk about it on Friday night. During the worship songs I would sing my heart out, even if I sounded a little flat. However, in recent weeks, that enthusiasm has declined. My Bible reading is more of a weekly activity rather than a daily one. Although we all have fallen into the routine stage, we have a Savior who is more than willing to help us get out of it.
 
 
I hope y'all take some time to watch the music videos of these songs, I promise that they will encourage and uplift you in some way.
 
XOXO
 
Ashley 
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment